June 11, 2018 Listen to the green heart
Sustainable experiences will stay with you. New doors open up. Fresh perspectives that both change us and bring about change in our lives.
As a true eco pioneer, German brand VAUDE is not afraid to head down a path that’s uncertain or unconventional. Last season, with the launch of the VAUDE Green Shape Core Collection, a new chapter in the history of environmentally-friendly outdoor apparel began. The collection’s unmitigated success and numerous awards confirm the concept. For Summer 2019, this story of success continues: A thoroughly sustainable collection, now including 14 pieces, offering a host of innovative and exclusive material advancements and versatile enough to cover a broad range of outdoor activities. The concept of multiuse continues to play a central role, but when it comes to biking, VAUDE pays particular attention to a high level of functionality.
The pieces are conceptualized as a layering system, perfectly coordinated in design and performance to function together, from base layer to technical shorts and windbreaker. About 90 % of the diverse textile materials used in the production process are bio-based, recycled or purely natural materials. Unconventional, renewable raw materials such as Kapok plant fibers, finest merino wool blended with recycled polyester or bio-based plastics from castor oil are used.
As VAUDE CEO Antje von Dewitz says: “The Green Shape Core Collection is a testimony to our ‘green’ soul – it embodies our ecological and social values, and testifies to the essence of what motivates VAUDE as a brand. With it, we would like to prove that taking a stand for sustainability – whole-heartedly and in a spirit of innovation – truly pays.”
- Material innovations initiated together with VAUDE partners
- Bio-based and natural fibers instead of fossil resources
- Preventing waste by using recycled materials
- Natural materials with natural functional properties
- Environmentally-friendly manufacturing processes
- Fair working conditions
- Value-based consumption: Less is more
- Can be combined in many ways
- Universal use for many outdoor activities
- Ergonomic, layer-optimized designs
- Performance with a feel-good factor
- Unique Sustainable Collection
- Visionary, progressive design
- Consistent conservation of resources
- Modern, timeless looks
- Highest quality & durability
- Multiple awards
VAUDE at OutDoor: Hall A1 / 300